Monday, February 27, 2012

Single Moms

For years I have faced up-hill struggles as a single mom. Each day there is a new barrier, a new battle to fight. I have to prove that I am not the stereotype that a few unfortunate single moms have set on the rest of us. The fact that I have been a mom since I was 18 does not help matters. No matter my IQ, college credit, or skills I have been judged by my circumstances. I think that some people truly believe that I chose to be a single mom, or that it is somehow, my fault. I really wish they would think about that more clearly. The ones who work hard every day are not the villains, they are the heroes. It is to that thought that I thought I would mess around with all those job description posts that have been making their way all over the internet. Here for your enjoyment is one on Single Moms.

And if you're a single mom, girl you rock and don't ever forget it!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'll never forget the countless Mother's Days paying to take my sons out to lunch myself... and witnessing all the families there adoring the mom, with a husband paying the check, etc... Even though you never know what is really going on behind the scenes, and life is full of blessings for the lack of drama caused by the relationship we had with our ex's -- it still messed with my mind and made it tough to not feel "less than" or pitied on Mother's Day. Now that my boy's are grown, I am so very tender toward single moms and their difficult situation. Thanks for this great photo! I shared it on my fb page www.facebook.com/lisajey and gave your page / site credit!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts